Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 8 "Follow the Leader"

happy family
Um, what?
Okay folks, this does not mean to physically play follow the leader throughout your house.  It was suggested that women follow their leader . . . their husbands and that it is a way to avoid disputes and then everyone knows who has the last word.  A whole bunch of other things were mentioned but I'm narrowing this down.  I will not follow the leader, my husband.  I will listen to my PARTNER and go with those suggestions if they are reasonable.  I will not blindly follow. 
 I like to call this day - "pick your battles".  
I am not promoting a subservient home, nor will I.  I am all about being a partner and doing what works best for everyone.  I am not a SAHM and do not have all of the time in the world to be at every one's beck-n-call.  I do enjoy doing for others because it is the right thing to do, not because I'm serving my mr.  
So, follow the leader in your own way.  If you don't normally budge on fairly irrelevant issues - then by all means - give it a try - you will find yourself at peace more often.  I already budge because I'm picking my battles.  How important is it to have green walls?  Can I make tan walls look good? You bet.  Do I really care?  No.  Is it important to leave out the meat in pasta sauce because it is the way I like it?  NO.  If I don't like the mean, I just won't eat it and everyone else can enjoy their meal.  Seriously, what is the big deal.  You've got to give a little to get a little. If what I want is peace and quiet, then maybe I need to put a dinner on the table that everyone will eat once in a while.

No comments: