Sunday, February 21, 2010

Does using pretty stickers make you want to pick up poo?

I have made new chore charts for my kids. They just haven't wanted to do ANYTHING to help out around the house lately. So much so, they actually have been throwing huffy fits when we ask them to do something.
Have you ever seen the show THE MIDDLE? It is hard working parents and three kids, a teenage boy, a pre-teen girl, and a young boy. The oldest boy huffs and haws and doesn't do anything until the last second. The girl is a tad bit unlucky & uncoordinated (very), has long hair, and braces. Her first "boyfriend" was gay. The little boy is obviously smart, but talks to his armpits like their his best friend. We totally relate to this show. There is a lot of under-appreciation of the parents and that is how we feel around here - a lot.
So, here ya go kiddies - chores again! Hop to it!



2 comments:

an.Alaskan.mom said...

The kids were NOT impressed. I will enforce this though. The oldest wanted 20$ a week . . . uh NO! My daughter said, "That's not hard." My youngest doesn't care.
It will be tough to get them to do it between homework and hockey, but I'll figure it out.

Patty said...

I love The Middle. The older boy cracks me up as he is always sitting around in his boxer (so Carson!). It is a great show and very very true!

Good luck with the chart...it worked in my house for about 2 days...now Im back to yelling, just like Frankie! haha