Wednesday, December 18, 2013

finals - No, not mine!


Well, it's finals week in North Pole.  3 out of 4 kids are cramming and finishing projects (the 6th grader is either getting off scott free or lying . . . jury is out).

It has been nuts at my house. I have had no more than 5 hours of sleep for DAYS!  It's rough I tell ya.  My head is constantly aching and my neck is sore from crouching over the laptop editing (or writing) papers.

Let me tell you about my daughter's "group" project.  For weeks she has been bustin' her hump (Wednesday reference :) tying to get everything caught up from being sick.  She slipped a little on her We are the Peopl project.  Her group has been a bunch of grumps and mad because she is behind - well, who do they look to when they aren't done?  Yep, us.  She was google drived their final speeches to look over and one was not even on the right subject!!!  It had to be re-written.  For goodness sake.  Parents!  Check up on your kids and their homework!  We promplty went to fixing the speech and then printed out copies for everyone.  What a mess though. The entire paper was not capitalized, not even phrases like Articles of Confederation.  
If their teacher had seen that he would have flipped a lid for sure.

Oldest was a mess in his own way - So down on himself for being "stupid" but then not working his ass off like he ought to be.  He needed a ton of hand holding and we still have 2 more days of tests.  UGH!

I'll let you know if I've got some hair left after this week.

No comments: