Friday, January 28, 2011

The Clearing by Heather Davis

This is a must read for anyone with a slightly romantic side. I say this not because it is a romance novel. It certainly isn't. It is full of story. There is an underlying feeling that I walked away with though. It was a purely sappy, soft hearted, romantic notion of a mystical clearing that leads to a sunny, warm place of the past where the hearts are pure and the work ethic is strong. A place where love is the sole drive for enduring an everlasting summer.
Now, like I said, there is more to the story. In fact, the romance of Henry and Amy is so much more implied than that existing. I think that is what does it for me . . . the feeling of what could become of the moments in the clearing.

This brings me to Harry Connick Jr in Hope Floats. Yep, that's so Henry except with modern sarcasm. I picture a young Harry being Henry.


This picture reminds me of Henry and Amy's afternoon at the pond.

No comments: