Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Last year my resolution was to read every day. Back in October, I knew my resolution for 2010 would be NOT to purchase a hardback book. On Christmas Eve I got a NOOK from my Dad and his wife Theresa. They made it too easy to keep my resolution, so I have added to it.

Resolution 1) I will not purchase a hardbacked book
Resolution 2) I will not spend more than $12.99 on an ebook, trying not to spend more than $12.99 a month on reading materials.

I have made a short list (as I do with Good Reads too) of what I intend to read in 2010.

1) My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent
2) Stargazer by Claudia Gray
3) Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr
4) Fallen by Lauren Kate
5) The Reckoning by Kelly Armstrong
6) Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
7) Tithe by Holly Black
8) Sacred Scarrs by Kathleen Duey


That is just a start.

I try to have resolutions that are attainable and interesting to me.

I also vow to try and accept that I am a care giver. That is what I was meant to be, and will spend my time being. I vow to try and accept this rather than feel jealousy toward those with more lenient attitudes toward care giving and vow to try and accept that I will will never experience the freedom of not having that preasure in my life. This is not a resolution, simply an effort I am going to try and make.

No comments: